Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oh Baby - Week 36

Total Weight Gain: 
I'll get the official number today at our appointment again! Update - Up 18 (and a bit) lbs. I hate watching the scale go up and up and up and there isn't much you can do about it. Especially when you're surrounded by treats all the time!

Maternity clothes:
Even the maternity clothes aren't always covering this crazy huge belly of mine anymore. Things are starting to take a downward spiral here people!

Stretch Marks:
I don't think so.

Best moments:
My first baby shower! I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to share this special time with. They, of course, spoiled baby J with lots of really wonderful things. 

I can also tell you my worst moment. I had one major pregnancy meltdown. I will post about that soon too but Monday was no picnic. I was having major back pains and have been very exhausted and feeling VERY behind with getting the house and dogs ready to have a baby. Things were bleak on Monday. I cried in my office at work practically the whole afternoon and then had the mopes/weepies all evening. I finally got my butt to the gym and worked out some back pain and that really helped a lot. I am hoping that I can get back into my regular routine for working out for the last couple weeks because that seems to be the only thing keeping me sane! We have had a couple bad weeks with Ross's work schedule or me needing to do things over my lunch which have prevented me from getting to the gym like I want to. I also may be starting to realize JUST HOW hard things are going to be with our two dogs and a baby on maternity leave. I have always seen this coming but I know it is going to be really tough being home alone with a babe and two VERY spoiled pooches.

Movement:
Baby J is not only getting bigger but stronger too. His little jabs are no longer just little pokes, they really are full on jabs or punches/kicks! Sometimes I feel like I am growing the next Renesme in there, he sucks me dry and is trying to break some ribs :) But they'll heal and I wouldn't give it back for anything!

Food Cravings:
Nope.

Food Aversions:
I am sweeted out! I have had so many in the last couple weeks (more than the rest of my pregnancy combined I think) and it is starting to make me feel very gross!

What I miss:
Not having a baby live on my ribs. I cherish every moment of growing my little man but it's getting a little painful buddy. I just want him to stay head down so if that means living on those ribs, I guess we'll get through three more weeks! We can do it!

Nausea/Vomiting:
Nope. 

Symptoms:
Back pain reared its head this week. I am hoping to nip this in the bud by getting back to the gym but I know things will continue to keep coming up and the more and more I have to do the less it seems like a viable option. Plus I am really starting to get the sleepies. Everyone tells me to get sleep now, and I know that they mean it for when the baby comes because he won't sleep long but I think I need it more to get through labor. I know it will take a lot out of me and I hope to be as well rested as I can to keep up my energy for the long haul! Wish me luck!

Labor signs:
Nope, at our last appointment we were still closed up tight and no braxton hicks. The doctor said that we may need to do the membrane stripping for me because of a LEEP procedure I had done a couple years ago which may have left a little scar tissue on my cervix (sorry I know thats TMI) but we won't decide that until closer to the DD. 

Gender:
Baby Boy J - This week he was named on Facebook Baby Fox Johnson, maybe it'll stick ;) At this week's appointment his heart rate fluxed in the 120 and 130s. 

Belly Button:
Definitely an outie. On a belly note. I cannot believe how numb your belly gets when there's a giant baby in there! This week I was leaning over something and scraped my belly pretty good. I didn't feel it as it happened but felt the stinging afterward. I also constantly am bumping things with this "bump" of mine and snagging my shirts!

Wedding Rings:
Fitting pretty tight these days. I may consider taking it off sometime.

Sleep:
I have started to figure out the positioning now but now I find that I can't drink water close to bedtime. Monday night I was up every two hours to go to the bathroom. I also am having a harder time getting back to sleep because I have so much on my mind, no matter how tired I am! 

Wisdom: 
Don't wait for your nesting instincts to kick in before you try to get everything done. Because although you may find bursts of energy here or there, you're still HUGE and pregnant and don't have as much energy as you used to! So get to those things earlier!

What's left on the TO DO list?
  • Wash baby's bedding and NB-3 month clothing. I have a bunch sorted and ready to go but I have yet to get it down to the wash.
  • Go through the registry to make sure we got all the necessary pre-baby essentials. A few I know we still need are the monitor, mattress pad, and extra crib sheet, thermometer and baby grooming kit. A new must have that I thought of is a mesh laundry bag. I have been meaning to get a smaller one for baby J's little socks and mittens, etc. that you don't want to lose in the wash. I would like to have one just to leave in his room, I have one now but I use it for delicates and it is a pretty large bag.
  • Get my Thank yous out from the shower!

1 comment: