Total Weight Gain: Up about 15 lbs. I am trying to make a few better healthy eating choices this week so Baby get all the nutrients he needs to keep growing.
Maternity clothes:
I am realizing I bought way too many. I have about three dresses I never even wore!
Stretch Marks:
Hopefully no! I don't think I have any but at this point I can't see a lot of myself anyway!
Best moments:
We had another ultrasound last week. Seeing baby actually looking like a baby was amazing. He is filling out and has an actual face now! He doesn't look like skeletor. That was amazing. He had fun with our ultrasound tech too, he would start kicking her whenever she stopped moving the wand around. He may be a prankster just like his dad! She was able to tell us that he already has hair, weighs 4 lb 11 oz and according to the size (which can be up to 3 oz off at this stage) moved up our due date to February 15. Which would make Ross's dad very happy, his birthday is the 16th!
Another best moment was starting to really crack down on the nursery! We have the whole room cut in and the first coat painted. We are on our way to having a place for him to come home to. Unfortunately for me this is the first room I have ever decorated all at one time and I am having a really hard time making decisions now. I am starting to second guess myself on everything! I also keep seeing things online that I like SO much more than what I have...Ross keeps telling me to stop looking at the internet, but the internet just finds me!
Movement:
Last night I felt baby's whole arm or leg roll across my belly. That was super fun! I can't believe how big he is getting on the inside so it is going to be even harder to deal with when baby keeps getting bigger on the outside!
Food Cravings:
Nope.
Food Aversions:
None.
What I miss:
Being able to move with ease. I can deal without the booze now, I have found other delicious substitutes, but I would love to be able to just bend over without pain.
Nausea/Vomiting:
I have found that I can't really fit in much food anymore. The food will seriously start coming back up from where it came if I'm not careful to stop early.
Symptoms:
Definitely starting the nesting stage. I'm anxious to get everything ready for baby so I can enjoy the remaining days of no-baby time with Ross. I am also getting severe dry skin. I am trying to drink as much water as possible but my hands, legs, arms and belly are all showing the effects of the baby sucking me dry.
Labor signs:
None. Phew
Gender:
Baby Boy J
Belly Button:
Definitely an outie.
Wedding Rings:
Fitting ok.
Sleep:
I wake up often because baby makes me pretty sore if I stay on one side or the other too long but I can usually fall right back to sleep. Baby J loves to snuggle waaaay up high when we sleep. I have to coax him back down when I wake up, because it is super uncomfortable for this mom! Lately, I have been waking up pretty early (around 5 or so) and not being able to fall asleep again. It is pretty rough come night time.
Wisdom: I'm not a huge planner, but I have been definitely trying harder now that I know I need to be more organized. I have my hospital bag almost all packed and ready to go (minus baby's things and Ross's) but it is a small step forward for me. I would tell future preggos to just go where your pregnancy takes you. I have tried to be pretty active and not just be a bump on a log for this pregnancy, but who knows maybe I'll regret that when the time comes and I get no sleep. I just keep telling myself that there are no wrong choices with pregnancy. Look how many perfectly fine people there are in our world whose mom's smoked, drank, ate raw fish, ate lunch meat, slept on their back, etc. And let's be honest, if 16 year olds can have babies I can do this too.
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment