Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Kristen

Happy Birthday Kristen

Yesterday was Kristen's 28th birthday. Gosh we're getting old. It's funny because every year her birthday is before mine but just close enough to make me realize that mine is coming up and I will again be another year older!

There are so many reasons why Kristen is such a meaningful person in my life. It is weird now thinking of my life without her as a friend, and I know I never will have to again because she is just one of those "Forever Friends" that will always be in my life. I wanted to share just a few reasons why any person would be lucky to have a Kristen in their life!

On our way to one of the thousands of Gamma Phi dances

  1. She is one of the kindest most genuine people I have ever had the privilege to know.

    Gamma Phi Beta Parent's Formal Senior Year

  2. She is thoughtful. Kristen will go out of her way to make sure that everyone is happy and taken care of. I don't think there has ever been a time that I have gotten to K's house and there isn't dinner ready, or if it is long after dinnertime, a yummy treat to hold me over.


    Just babies, our first recruitment on the "other side"

  3. She is a shop-o-holic just like me! When we get together I can't think of a time that we haven't done some serious shopping (and serious damage to our wallets as well). She will always drag herself to Ikea with me and brave the extremely long lines just so I can buy some random picture or kitchen utensil.

    Poor Kristen and Jenni are always good sports about playing dress up for pictures while we're shopping! Apparently it was hippy time this go around.

  4. She is ALWAYS available for one of "those talks". You know the one, you are devastated about something (probably something very silly) and just need someone to listen and tell you that you're not crazy for feeling this way and everything isn't as big of a deal as you're making it. She is hands down the best listener I have ever known. I can't count how many times I have had to call her for advice or just to vent and she always has the most practical advice that makes you feel far better at the end of the conversation than you did at the beginning.

    K and me at the Bean in Chicago in 2008

  5. Kristen is also always up for a good time. Whether it is playing GTA on the PS2 in a dorm room, hitting up the bars or just relaxing at home with a movie (good or bad, but mostly ABC Family originals) she is always fun to be with.

    This picture isn't the best but it sure brings back a lot of memories, including K screaming "I want Rosetta Stone" followed by "El Righto Por Favor" as she is navigating me back to her place after a night out.

    Senior Death March 2005

  6. Kristen is also one of the few friends I have that actually comes back to the tundra to see me! She makes it back for homecoming almost every year!

    Homecoming 2009

    Speaking of Homecoming,

    Homecoming 2002 was a blast thanks to K being there!


  7. Kristen's also appreciates the finer things in life, like sending a handwritten congratulatory note or a Birthday card. I love getting mail, who doesn't, and it is so much better if it is something special from a friend rather than junk mail that seems to dominate my mailbox these days.
  8. Kristen is a great cook/baker. Even though her goodies aren't always from scratch she seems to make the most delicious things!
  9. Kristen is an avid reader just like me. I always get great book ideas from her. Every time I go to her apartment I steal a new pile of books. It is great to have a friend that has the same taste as you to share with!

    10. Lastly, she is just as obsessed with "bad" tv as I am. I love calling to check in about the latest eviction on Big Brother, or what we think will happen next on Greek. I watch too much tv, there is no question, so it is great to have a friend to call and chat with about my dark hobby.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh thanks! (and thank you for the Bday card!) I have never seen that "hippy picture" too funny.

    And for the record..I still want Rosetta Stone!

    ReplyDelete