Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh Baby - Week 35


Total Weight Gain: I'll get the official number today at our appointment! Update - I appear to be up about 17 lbs. total. Not a great feeling looking at that scale at the Dr. office. At least now when the scale goes up I know some of that is definitely going right on baby!

Maternity clothes:
I just got my friend Jenny's maternity clothes since she had her baby on Monday. It's a nice change of pace to be able to have some new clothes!

Stretch Marks:
Who cares anymore...

Best moments:
Getting most of the nursery items picked out with my friend Jess. She was super helpful and helped me make some real decisions! I ordered the letters for the wall and all the wall art. I am hoping the art will be here before my shower so I can show it off a little while I have friends here!

Another great moment was when she gave me a bunch of her old baby stuff! She is already spoiling baby J and offered to babysit for us too! We're lucky to have some really great friends!

I am also pretty excited for the arrival of baby Mya! She is my friend Jenny's baby. We have been pregnant together almost the whole time and it has been so fun sharing the good and bad moments of pregnancy so it has been really fun to have her become a mommy now! Mya surprised M&D by showing up 9 days before her due date and three days before her scheduled C-Section! Guess she couldn't wait to meet her parents anymore than they wanted to wait to meet her!

I think Ross's best moment this week was when I was baby talking to a cute little outfit we bought for baby. He got this funny smirk on his face so I made him fess up to what was so funny and he said he never thought he would see me like this (so mom-like  and excited for a baby, I'm guessing). It sure has been a change for me!

Update - At our appointment today we got to have another bonus ultrasound at our Dr.'s office. She likes to do them toward the end to make sure baby is head down! And like a good boy he was! It was pretty obvious. His giant head was right where it was supposed to be. You can't really see much on the sonograms now but it was still fun to see! His heart looks good and she also assured us that we aren't "looking at a 9 pounder" PHEW! Baby J I cannot wait to meet you. I think the last month of pregnancy is designed to push you out of your pregnancy coma. I have been so happy with my pregnancy. I have been lucky that nothing has really been going wrong or any terrible symptoms so I haven't wanted it to end. This last couple days though have been pretty rough. Baby is getting huge and lives right on my ribs so it makes sleeping very difficult. So it is starting to make me very excited for the last stage of this process :)

Movement:
Baby J is HUGE. He is getting so big and strong which is definitely making it hard to miss his moving now. He has also been getting the hiccups a lot lately which was cute the first couple times. Every once and awhile he just goes nuts in there and my belly looks like it's just going to take off! It's a feeling like none other. I will definitely miss him in there. Speaking of hiccups, baby just had a good bout of them. They feel so funny :) I'll seriously miss all those fun moments that only you and baby know about!

Food Cravings:
Nope.

Food Aversions:
None.

What I miss:
I am still just missing the ease of which I was able to do any task before. Everything has to be thought through now before I do it. I tried to move a tote the other day and I soon learned it was too heavy for me to move, or I tried to bend over to do something on the floor and that is exhausting. When you try to bend at the waist it feels like something is cutting apart your insides. 

Nausea/Vomiting:
Nope. I'll get a little heartburn but that's about it.

Symptoms:
Most of them have cleared up now. I am still pretty stuffed up but that is to be expected this time of year. I wouldn't say it's much worse than any other winter. I am always plagued by sinus infections.

Labor signs:
None yet! I think Braxton Hicks could come anytime but so far they haven't! We start our weekly appointments today to check if I'm dilated. So who knows!

Gender:
Baby Boy J - He has a name and everything :) This week his heart rate was fluxing in the 130s.

Belly Button:
Definitely an outie.

Wedding Rings:
Fitting ok.

Sleep:
I sleep hard early in the night then after about 1am I am hard pressed for sleep. I am down to one position, on my left side, to sleep on because you can't sleep on your belly (for obvious reasons) can't sleep on your back because it places too much pressure on some veins I guess and it cuts off blood flow to you and baby (it really does, I notice right away if I am too flat on my back for very long and have to switch positions. Now I can't sleep on my right side because that is where baby lives. He settles in nicely for bedtime way up high and if I try to sleep on that side my insides get squished like you wouldn't believe. Plus then he wakes up and starts going wild in there, which also keeps me up. Then I am up thinking about all the other things I need to do. 

So as you can tell I am starting to really get the 3rd trimester sleepies, something I have avoided my whole pregnancy and now when I want it the most I can't seem to get a good night's sleep. But everyone tells me to get used to it. So I guess I just will! I only wish you could start a sleep bank to store extra sleep you got in your life for when you need it! I would love to have some extra savings for a month from now!

Wisdom: I had wisdom  all planned out in my head and in true preggo form I forgot what it was...I guess I'll go with my standard. Do what feels right. Try to start your nesting before the end of your third trimester because you'll be tired and all you really want to do is be fat and lazy and NOT clean your house and decorate a nursery, but it'll kill you if you don't have everything all ready for the arrival of your new baby. Update - I remembered! Keep a great pregnancy journal. I wish I would've wrote down a little more about things. These posts have been pretty descriptive but they don't mention everything. No one wants to hear about your acne (all over your body, I get a ton on my legs from all the lotion I have to use) etc. But when I talked to my mom she really only remembers the big things and I imagine that when it comes time for our next baby J I will have already forgotten a lot of these things. Probably on purpose too! But someday your baby will grow up and may want to know (especially if baby is a girl!) I did take a picture of my horrible belly button ring scar that now looks like a GIANT X on my belly to show baby J(s) to prove to them that they just may regret certain choices later on down the road. Thank GOODNESS I didn't have a tattoo. I would hate to see what that would look like right now! 

What's left on the TO DO list?

  • Wash baby's bedding and NB-3 month clothing. It is all so small that I have been waiting until after my shower to do so. We have the jumbo washer/dryer so it seems like a waste to wash tiny loads. Also I expect to get more clothing at my shower on Saturday (YAY!) and want to get it all washed at one time.  Plus the bedding will just get full of dust and dog hair if I wash it too early.
  • Go through the registry to make sure we got all the necessary pre-baby essentials. A few I know we still need are the monitor, mattress pad, and extra crib sheet. Otherwise I have been terrible and purchasing most of the things on my own. I know I need to wait for my shower (especially now that one is this weekend and the other is about two weeks away) but it is hard to do when you're nesting and you just want everything ready for Baby's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment