Hospital Bag Checklist
For Me
·
Toiletries
o
Toothbrush
& Toothpaste
o
Chapstick
o
Shampoo/Conditioner/Detangler
o
Deodorant
o
Face
wash/face wipes/Moisturizer
o
Body
Wash/Lotion
o
Razor
o
Makeup
o
Hair
ties
o
Advil
o
Nursing
pads/Nipple cream
·
Clothing
o
Robe
o
Grippy
Socks
o
PJs
(2 sets)
o
Outfit
to go home in
o
Extra
sweatshirt
o
Blanket/Pillow
(leave in car until after delivery)
o
Nursing
bras
·
Snacks
o
Powerade
o
Nuts
o
Honey
sticks
o
Granola
Bars
o
Chips
o
Hard
Candy
o
Gum
For Ross
·
Ross
Clothes
o
PJs
·
Ross
Toiletries
o
Toothbrush
& Toothpaste
·
Money
for vending machine
For Baby
·
Clothes
for going home
·
Extra
receiving blankets to take home to let dogs smell
·
Car
seat (leave in car until ready to go home)
Nail Grooming Kit (word is that they won't give you anything to help with this)
Electronics
·
Flip
video (make sure it is charged!)
·
Camera
(both of them – make sure they’re charged and empty memory cards)
·
Phones
and Chargers
·
iPad
& charger (With labor playlist)
·
DVD
player with cords to feed into the TV (bring movies)
What advice do you mommies out there have for the list? Anything missing? Anything I for sure won't need?!


I packed while in labor...not awesome, good thinking on packing ahead!
ReplyDeleteThis is hard to read, but does that say baby nail grooming kit? If so that can come off the list. You aren't supposed to clip a baby's nails for the first 2 weeks as the nail is attached to the skin! But bring little baby mitts so he doesn't scratch his face up!
My sister was three weeks early and also packed while in labor. She would not recommend so good for you for being on top of things!
ReplyDeleteOne thing one of my girlfriends had for actually GOING to the hospital was a large amount of heavy duty maxi pads. Once your water breaks, you just kind of leak (sorry). She said she went through a ton before she actually got to the hospital. I believe my sister wrapped towels around her waist and did not wear pants because she didn't have any pads.
Also, I think you still wear contacts, right? Don't forget your glasses!
Thanks for the tips!!! I don't know why you this posted so funky. I suppose because I cut and paste from my word doc from dropbox. This list seriously goes with me everywhere! I plan to have it all packed in my bag after christmas! I had never heard that you couldn't clip the nails! The nurse even suggested we bring one. Can we file them down? Or is that a no no too? Thanks for the tips...also I can't believe I didn't think of glasses/contacts! This is why I needed your help ladies!
ReplyDelete