Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh baby - Week 27


Total Weight Gain: Up a little under 10 pounds. Yuck. Did I just say that? 

Maternity clothes:
Yes, I am definitely wearing them. I did squeeze into a couple non-maternity things this week though.

Stretch Marks:
Nope. Sticking with a healthy dose of almond oil slathered all over my belly!

Best moments:
There were lots this week! I celebrated my first Thanksgiving with my husband's side of the family. It was fun and relaxing. I also managed to keep myself out of the stores on Black Friday/Gray Thursday so I'm proud of myself for that! I must say I missed it though. But on Thanksgiving we enjoyed some delicious food and drinks (I cracked open a sparkling pomegranate apple juice and it was good.)

We also had our Dr appointment this week for November. I had my blood work done at this appointment and everything came back good! Baby's heartbeat was good. We also found out we have another ultrasound to keep an eye on the blood spot in the uterus to make sure that it is still just staying the same. Which I am pretty excited about! Bonus baby time. I forgot to get a picture at our last U/S so this time I am not leaving without a baby picture!

Movement:
This boy woke up this week! I can now feel huge body parts moving around in there. He definitely getting bigger and stronger! It is so fun feeling big movements instead of just little flutters. I'm sure I won't be as impressed with them later on down the road but as for now I can't imagine getting sick of it. And I am already feeling a little blue that pregnancy doesn't last forever (just a little blue). 

Food Cravings:
Nada.

Food Aversions:
Also, nada.

What I miss:
Sleeping, at all.

Nausea/Vomiting:
Gone.

Symptoms:
This week I felt my heartbeat racing in my neck a couple times. It was pretty bizarre. I was just sitting in my chair not doing anything and it felt like I was working out!

Labor signs:
No, phew!

Gender:
Baby Boy!

Belly Button:
Almost non-existent. I have reached the point where it will now start poking outward as my belly grows. Ugh.

Wedding Rings:
Fitting fine. 

Sleep:
Seriously, pregnancy is definitely your body's way of prepping you for a newborn because I am up all night. The dogs and Ross suffer greatly because of this. Ross and I are in discussions of him possibly moving to the spare room. This saddens me greatly :(

Wisdom: Keep a list of questions for your Dr., because you will definitely forget them all when you get there. I forgot to talk to her about my horrible bloody noses, even though they're always on my mind and happening more and more frequently I still spaced them out completely. Also, don't rely on technology because it will fail you, as my list of questions/concerns somehow disappeared from my phone so that was no help.

Also, I love my Dr. I was convinced I had contracted the hantavirus last week from wandering around the old family farmhouse, and she just laughed at me and said that I'd already be dead if I did so I should be good. I wish she was my real life friend. She would hate me in about two minutes though.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Week 27! Your preganancy is going so fast (for me - haha). Hopefully it is going fast for you too.

    We need to get the baby shower situation figured out..

    ReplyDelete