| Tall Ross looking at the seams on the ceiling on stilts. |
Saturday was SO MUCH FUN! First I woke up bright and early to get to the gym by 8 for water aerobics. I had been wanting to get to a water aerobics class for awhile now and boy am I glad I did! It kicked my butt and felt awesome! Ross's dad was coming over to help Ross finish the taping in our garage so I knew I would be up anyway so it wasn't too hard to get up but I will definitely be trying to get up and get to this class every week. I just read that after doing the same work out 3-6 times in a row that your body adjusts and it loses its effectiveness so this was a perfect way to break up the elliptical hum drum! It also felt so good on my preggo body! After the class was over I did 30 minutes of walking against the current in their lazy river which is much harder than it sounds!
| I didn't purchase this but it gave me inspiration to make my own instead of buying one for $70! |
| Can't wait to try to make this owl blankie! |
Then it was time to head to Fargo for baby Caleb's first birthday party! Read all about it here. That was a blast! He was such a happy kid and loved when everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. Mom and Dad had been practicing with him all week and it definitely paid off because his eyes just lit up with happiness when everyone was singing. On a side note I always find 1st birthday parties funny, most of the time kids don't care about their gifts and want to take off OR they just start to get so upset when you show them all these awesome new toys and then immediately put them aside to open the next one and they are left wondering what the heck, you can't just show that to me and take it away, was I bad?! Caleb showed a little confusion some times because you could tell he REALLY wanted to play with some of those toys but he was such a good boy and stayed with M&D while they opened all the gifts. What a trooper, you would never know he is only 1!
Next it was time to head to the first Sioux hockey game of the year! It was an exhibition game against University of Manitoba (Winnipeg). The boys played a little sloppy but still pulled off a win! It's always so nice of Manitoba to come down to get clobbered by UND just so they can get their season going! Although this year Manitoba didn't do as bad as they could have, or more likely, ND didn't do as well as they should have.
Luckily that was the end of Saturday. You can imagine after all that this lady was pooped!
| Osnabrock's community center "Home of the North Dakota State Barley Show" |
Next up was Landgon. First we went to look at the country club. Ross talks often and fondly about his time at the Langdon country club. It sounds like they spent a lot of time there when they would go visit. On our way out there he even showed me where his grandpa Myles first let him drive, I guess all grandparents like to make their own rules don't they! Then we went into town to look at his grandparents' old house that they built by hand. This home was much more specious for a household of 6. It looked beautiful. Someday I hope to get inside because I have seen pictures and I bet it is even more amazing in person. Then Ross pointed out the coulee in the back yard where they would chase frogs, the pool and park across the street where they would spend most of their time in the summer and the Catholic school where his dad spent most of his school years.
Then it was off to meet up with Grandma Leona. She is just such a doll. She was ready to feed us the second we walked in the door. Since we were still stuffed from breakfast we postponed her a little and Ross changed a light bulb and showed her how to use her new coffee pot, she was very concerned that it was going to blow up on her because the instruction manual was worded quite strongly! We also got a tour of her apartment and of the retirement home. When we got back we raided her photos. It was SO much fun looking at all of Ross's family's old photos. It is fun to see how much (or little) people change over the years.
Then it was off for a second tour of Langdon including a couple new stops including the cemetery where Grandpa Myles is born and the bank where he used to work. Then we couldn't hold her off any more and it was off to the Crossroads diner for dinner (or supper rather, because dinner means lunch at her house.) At dinner we got a few incriminating stories out of her about Ross's dad, it was certainly fun hearing them from her! We talked all about the new baby and that no we hadn't decided on any names yet. Then it was off to the grocery store for a few essentials and then back to her house where we chatted and then hit the road back to GF.
Our road trips this weekend were fun. Ross and I played were on the look out for deer on the way back from Langdon because it was dusk and they were out in droves looking for some dinner (supper)! We also got lots of chatting in about our baby and what the future will bring and just life in general. It was nice being able to get away together again and hopefully when we get Cooper back today he will be nice and tired after a weekend at doggie daycare!
It seems like our October will be just as busy as our September was! Ross's brother comes to ND this coming weekend and my parents are coming up to help us finish off the garage the weekend after! They will also be finally bringing Sophie home after a 2 month vacation. I am glad we have a little more time before she comes back since she and Brega got sprayed by a skunk last week at the farm, so they can keep her while she airs out a bit....


No comments:
Post a Comment