I have a very addictive personality. I think anyone who knows me more than 5 minutes probably can attest to that. I know Ross can definitely give you some examples. Any time I get an idea in my head I have to act on it immediately. Otherwise it just eats at me and eats at me. I can't think about anything else. Sad and a little weak willed, I know.
One of my ongoing obsessions is the Stephanie Plum series of books written by Janet Evanovich. If you haven't read them, you should. They are light and funny, easy summer reads for sure! I have read 13 of the 21 novels so far. I now have in my possession ALL of the remaining books of the series. I can't wait to finish up the series, seriously. Stephanie Plum lives in the Berg, a suburb of Trenton, NJ. She was laid off as a discount lingerie buyer and was forced to work as a bounty hunter for her sleazy cousin Vincent Plum. You can imagine what kind of trouble a former lingerie buyer gets herself into as she attemps to be a bounty hunter, and never really gets any better at it. You will just fall in love with all their characters, including her Grandma Mazer, who goes to funerals like they were spectator sports, not uncommon for this community. She is just as fiery as Stephanie, even when she gets an ice pick to the hand! Unfortunately, I see a lot of myself in Stephanie Plum, not just sharing the same name, we are equally as stubborn and bullheaded. Which probably makes this series one of the more enjoyable ones I have read lately. It is hard to relate to a telepath in love with a hot vampire (Sookie I'm talking about you).
I have read them totally out of order, which I don't really think is a big deal for those of you looking for a place to start. Here is a link to the list of all the books, in order.
They definitely get better as you go along. Maybe because when they start with One for the Money (it was published in 1994) Stephanie Plum was sporting an awesome pager and some bitchin' Doc Martins. Probably super awesome in 1994 but pretty dated when I found it in 2012. Still a great story line though, which is why they made it into a pretty ok movie with Kathryn Heigl.
So that is my current obsession (among many). I won't be able to stop reading them until I am done. I did this with Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books as well. It could be worse, right Ross?! A sephora could open in the mall...that would get me and our pocketbook, for sure!





No comments:
Post a Comment