Monday, March 5, 2012

Booksneeze Review #1 Friendship for Grown-ups.

Awhile back I signed up for Booksneeze. It is a great program that allows bloggers to get books to read and review. They tell us to be honest with our critiques and I intended to do just that. I chose Friendship for Grown-Ups: What I Missed and Learned Along the Way by Lisa Whelchel because I loved 70s and 80s sitcoms and she happened to be in one of the great ones, The Facts of Life. The title and description was also appealing. It spoke of the fact that she didn’t have an average childhood and that she had to learn some friendship basics that most of us learn at an early age. It was difficult reading about her childhood and made me feel sad for all the child stars these days who have it much worse in a day and age where everything they do and say is up for judgment instantly on the internet. It is not hard to understand why some child stars turn out to have a rocky adulthood.

It was fun seeing her transition from child star to an adult in this novel as she shares secrets of friendship like that it is ok to need others at times, because we all need it and deserve to have someone there for us.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a little self-help or just a refresher course in what it means to be a good friend. I think we all take our friendships for granted too often and it was great to remember what it means to be a friend. After all, to have good friends first you must be one!

Disclaimer - Although Booksneeze.com provided me this book for my reading pleasure I am receiving no other compensation and the opinions above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment