Yesterday was my birthday :) I will not be disclosing how old I turned (even though Ross's daughter blabbed it to everyone she saw). I really wish I could stop time. That is truly my biggest pet peeve in life, getting older. I wish I could stop and start time on my command, if someone knows that secret please share it with me.
Every year for my birthday my family makes me homemade ice cream. It is by far my most favorite thing on the planet. I wish I could eat it all day and all night but sadly, like most of the good things in life, it is horrible for you and must be enjoyed in moderation (and by moderation I mean eat as much as I can but only one time per year).
I actually ate the birthday ice cream the day after Christmas because my family was all going home the next day. So, lucky me, I got to celebrate my Birthday with my family that day and with Ross and his family on my actual birthday! They got me a Diary Queen cake, which is my other favorite birthday treat!! (If you can't tell ice cream is definitely my guilty pleasure)
Because my birthday is on New Years Eve I am fortunate enough to convince the people I care about to stay up past our normal bedtimes and celebrate me all night long. Just kidding, but seriously I love that no matter what I get to stay up late on my birthday and that it doesn't take much convincing to get other people to do it too! I also love birthdays because it forces my friends and family to call me (or at the very least text or facebook me) and I love talking to them under whatever pretense I have to! I also got the best shout out ever on the internet from my BFF Kristen on her blog. She really is the best. I couldn't make it through life without her.
After dinner and cake Ross and I came home and snuggled on the couch and watched a movie. Probably my ideal night for any occasion but getting to do it on my birthday and getting to share the special moment of the turning of the new year with him made me blissfully happy (the champagne helped too). We watched the Hangover by the way, and it was totally the perfect New Years shenanigan movie for the night.
I will be sad to see 2009 go because it brought me a whole lot of happiness in finding love and whole lot of friendship but I welcome 2010 and all the challenges and joy that are sure to come.
My new year's resolution is to be happy and not to let myself get in the way of that, which can be a little too easy every once and awhile.
I will be sad to see 2009 go because it brought me a whole lot of happiness in finding love and whole lot of friendship but I welcome 2010 and all the challenges and joy that are sure to come.
My new year's resolution is to be happy and not to let myself get in the way of that, which can be a little too easy every once and awhile.
I hope 2010 brings you all the happiness in the world.



No comments:
Post a Comment