Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday's Thought of the day...

So today I was remembering back probably 10 weeks ago or so. There was a new study that came out regarding inducing labor too early and how when it is done too early it isn't a good thing.

They say the baby still has growing and developing to do. It all made SO MUCH sense at the time. So I hoped and prayed that baby J would stay in my belly all 40 weeks so he could be as fully developed and healthy as he could be.

Well, that request was another in a long list of crazy first time mom thoughts I had.

Here I am 39 weeks preggo (technically 38 weeks 6 days) and I find it now impossible to sleep because what will surely turn out to be the largest baby on planet earth is so heavy he squishes my insides when I try to lay down. So that makes me very tired during the day clearly. I used to find extra energy at the gym but now that's out too, Dr's orders!

I am extremely winded if I walk up more than one stair, so walking around work is very embarrassing. My back is starting to get pretty sore from the aforementioned giant baby it's carrying around.

Plus on top of that I have worked for over two straight weeks with no days off to try to make up time for my maternity leave. My boss very generously offered me the option and I swooped it up!

I know that some mamas never dilate before they go into labor (which is what I'm banking on) but it is hard to hear that there is no progress and that the Dr. can't find his head probably isn't a great sign. He also hasn't dropped yet which doesn't mean great things either.

Now that said I know I will miss being pregnant. I have LOVED every minute of it (save for the last couple days where things are getting pretty bad). I know in my mind that I am very lucky to have been blessed with an uneventful pregnancy and even more blessed to be able to be pregnant in the first place. I know that we will be blessed with a happy healthy baby boy when this is all done. I also know that if this boy is a giant baby he will have to change outfits 4 times a day so that he can wear all the clothes I bought him before he outgrows them!

So future mamas out there, just know that no matter how much you love pregnancy there is definitely a day that will come that you will start to pay for all that smugness. Eventually you'll want to serve your precious baby an eviction notice and don't feel too bad about it because I'm sure that I'll wish I could undo it as soon as I go into labor.

There is definitely a purpose for this last 4 weeks, your body and baby are getting you ready to be a mom. I have a feeling that the roller coaster of emotions (happiness, excitement, guilt, frustration) are all just to prepare you mommyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment