Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh Baby - Week 37



Total Weight Gain: 
Up 20. I haven't had a two lb. week yet so that was a shocker. I am going to blame the fact that I ate breakfast just before I went. It definitely had nothing to do with the Orange Julius, giant monster cookie, and cupcake I ate yesterday...

Maternity clothes:
Got a few more items from Jenny last week. Including her big winter coat! That was wonderful since the temps were down in the double digits below zero later in the week and my sweatshirt/little coat wasn't really fitting around the front anymore.

Stretch Marks:
Nope, the belly was getting SUPER itchy last week so I finally broke down and tried the expensive Palmer's cocoa butter. And that stuff is GLORIOUS. No more itchy belly.

Best moments: 
Nothing overly baby related this past week, but Ross bought me a new watch for my "push gift"/Valentine's Day! I love it. I am a big fan of HUGE men's-style watches. My old watch was slowly getting more and more behind in time, even after a battery replacement so after I did some looking I found this bad boy in the men's watch section in Macy's. It is a little large still (after they removed all the links they could) but I love love love it! What a great guy. 
He also got be a pedicure for Valentine's day, which I went and got yesterday. That was perfect! Yesterday was not a good day for me. I started the day pretty good, until I was almost ready to leave for work when I got a bushing bloody nose. I hadn't had one of those for awhile now and this one wouldn't stop no matter what I tried! Then when I got to work (after about an hour) I realized that I had blood splatter all over my shirt. So on top of feeling pretty fat and puffy all over now I felt like a total slob. It was all downhill from there. And when you're having a bad day at 91/2 mos preggo it is really hard to pull yourself out of the slump. So when the opportunity to get a pedi popped up I was ALL OVER IT! And I must say it really did help! 
Movement:
He is starting to move around more down low, so I hope that means he is making his way down to where he should be now! This little guy doesn't want to see his nursery that we worked so hard on clearly :) He is pretty cozy in there.

Food Cravings:
Yesterday I NEEDED a reuben, Tripleberry OJ (my favorite) and a cupcake. So at lunch I left the gym early and went for all my delicious treats at once. 

Food Aversions:
Nothing really.

What I miss:
A good night's sleep and going home at night and not feeling like I have so much to do and no time to do it! Apparently I have been overdoing it a little because the Dr. told me to take it easy this week and has also banished me from the elliptical at the gym. I am down to just walking. So now I will also miss the elliptical because that was the one thing that made this aching body of mine feel better.

Nausea/Vomiting:
Nope. 

Symptoms:
The nose bleed came back. So that was fun. I will go out there for the record and say that no one prepares you for the toxic yellow looking pee you have while preggo! You can never drink enough water to get it back to a light yellow or clear like it should be! Again, TMI but these are definitely things that no one tells you!

Labor signs:
None. I haven't had any braxton hicks and we're still closed up tight down there so this week I had to have her try to start breaking up my membranes and next week she will do the official "stripping of the membranes" to try to get things going and break up some scar tissue. I was just saying to Ross that I wouldn't go back in time and not have the LEEP procedure done, because when you are facing potential cancer you do what needs to be done, but I wish my Dr. at the time would've been more up front with me about what it could mean for a later pregnancy. When I asked her at the time she said it would have no effect, but I am guessing she meant that it wouldn't effect whether or not I could get pregnant. After a LEEP (for a LEEP they use a laser to burn off part of your cervix to remove irregular cells) you could have a weaker cervix that doesn't stay closed like it should through pregnancy so they would have to stitch it closed until week 34-35 or you can get scar tissue build up which makes it more difficult to open on its own when it should. Hopefully, with the simple stripping I should start opening up but only time will tell!

Gender:
Baby Boy J -  At this week's appointment his heart rate fluxed in the 130s and 140s. Nice and strong! 

Belly Button:
Outie!

Wedding Rings:
I broke down and took it off. It was getting tight and I have heard horror stories (not to anyone in real life) that they've had to be cut off, so I just didn't want to risk it. 

Sleep:
Meh, I don't even bother anymore :)

Wisdom: 
Someone told me today that I should take the Dr.'s orders to heart and enjoy the down time because I will never get to go home again and just sit down. It is going to be hard because I have so much to do, but I am going to try! I want to just enjoy some time with my hubby and my pups while it is just us! And enjoy that my little man is inside getting everything he needs  without me trying to figure it all out!

What's left on the TO DO list?
  • Get the pictures hung
  • Go through the registry to make sure we got all the necessary pre-baby essentials. Our next shower is tomorrow so I will head to Target on Friday to get all the last minute shopping done!
  • Take naps :)
  • Make up as much time for work as I can!
  • Otherwise our bags are packed and we are READY for baby as much as we will ever be!

1 comment:

  1. I started laughing when I read you NEEDED a reuben. Glad you got your fix :-)

    ReplyDelete