Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oh baby - Week 7

I am still having a hard time believing we're really doing this...having a baby. It hits me every once and awhile, like this week at the 4th of July festivities downtown. We saw kids and strollers everywhere, next year that will be us! I know I am not willing to give up one single thing for the 4th so baby will be with us all the way!

Baby is the size of a blueberry this week. Not too big but making a noticeable difference in our lives already!

Total Weight Gain:
Oops, I still haven't weighed myself yet. That's on the list for this week!

Maternity clothes:
Nope! Still rocking my regulars, for now!

Stretch Marks:
Nope, let's hope for none!

Best moments:
I finally was able to decide on a doctor and we are going to meet with her later this month. Ross told his boss our big news as a result.

Movement:
Clearly none, but I cannot wait to feel our baby :)

Food Cravings:
Mostly crackers, and pizza, and fruit. I stocked up big time on fruit this week at the store!

Food Aversions:
Pretty much anything in the morning. I don't eat much until lunch time when I finally eat my breakfast (which is always lunch food). I never want to eat anything twice, mealwise anyway. Apparently I have picky pregnancy tastebuds that want new food at all times. This is difficult since I am too tired to cook.

What I miss:
I missed imitation crab meat this week. I made a yummy dip and before I ate it I had Ross google whether or not I could eat the crab, turns out no. It is just like lunch meat. So I did throw it in the microwave and eat it anyway, just warm. I miss not having to think about that I'm eating this week. It is exhausting looking into everything and a lot of the time I can't get a straight answer if something is ok or not which makes it more difficult. I keep telling myself though that the warnings come from another mommy who had something go wrong, so I want to do my best to follow all the advice I can.

As always, my boozy self misses red wine. More so this week when I am headed to the lake.

Nausea/Vomiting:
I get nausea in the morning for about an hour or two. I finally pegged down that it is the same exact feeling I would get when I was on the pill and would take two week 1 pills on the same day! So ladies who have also been as irresponsible with your BC as I was, you will know just what to expect!

Symptoms:
Just the nausea this week. Everything is telling me that my boobs should be bigger and tender by now, but they aren't. They look as wonderful as always. They've always been big enough to feed a child, so I can't imagine I will have a problem there ;)

Labor signs:
Of course not yet.

Gender:
No idea. See my next post on guesses!

Belly Button:
Innie! Fingers crossed I stay that way. I am already totally freaked out that our baby comes home with the umbilical cord attached and then it falls off! I don't want the same thing here!

Wedding Rings:
On! And comfortable, thankfully!

Sleep:
A little restless but I think that has more to do with the move and that now we face east with the sun than my pregnancy, but who knows!

Wisdom:
No real wisdom this week. Just that every lady needs a great support system. We are waiting to tell everyone until 12 weeks but I told one friend and my mom. It is nice to have a few people to talk to about what I'm going through. I'm sure next time no one will even care ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment