Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CREEP - Watch out for bridezilla

Wedding Wednesday - Debbie Downer Version


I usually try to stay pretty upbeat. I don't let a lot get to me. I am a VERY relaxed person. I am NOT a planner. I rarely get my hopes up about anything, but when I do I am crushed if that something doesn't work out. I haven't really been attached to anything to do with our wedding EXCEPT the: guy; venue; and pastor.

I knew I wanted to marry Ross after our first kiss. I knew I would never let him go. He is the man of my dreams.

We picked the venue within a week of getting married. It is wonderful. I just love Turtle River State Park. It feels natural to have our wedding there.

The pastor was actually one of the few things we also picked right away. I have been going to my current church for awhile now and just really feel connected to God through the Pastor. I actually got to know him when I was at my previous job where he was on the board of directors. So we asked him to officiate and he accepted! I was pumped!

Well that all came crashing down on me yesterday. He called to let us know that he had taken a call for another church, in Oregon. I was devastated. I wanted the sermon/ceremony to be meaningful and special for our wedding since that is the whole reason we are there/here. I KNEW that our Pastor would absolutely make that happen for us.

So after an afternoon/night of wallowing in true bridezilla form I am on the hunt for a new pastor/possibly a new church as well. I haven't decided about that yet. I like our current church. It is welcoming and wonderful, but I'm not sure how much of that is just Pastor and how much is the church itself.

I am also seriously considering a judge or magistrate to perform the ceremony. In my previously life as an attorney I have gotten to know quite a few of our judges and would rather have a judge perform the ceremony if they know (at least one of) us rather than a pastor that barely knows our names. So keep us in your thoughts/prayers that something will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment